Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Behavior of a Blog Reader

Ok guys, this is a straight-up request for feedback.  If you have a moment, either comment here, or respond on twitter @SEMiotic5, or shoot me an e-mail (since most of you know me).

I have been finding that if I post a new update in the afternoon and tweet a link, I get very little traffic compared to when I do the exact same thing around 10 am.  My rationalization for this is that people are most likely to be active on Twitter/blogs between 10-11, once they have had some coffee and checked their e-mail, but before the pressure of the end-of-day deadlines start getting to them.

Is this accurate?  I have a very small sample for this, so I can't be sure if you just don't happen to like the content that I have been posting in the afternoons, compared to the pieces that have gone up in the morning.  This could easily be random based on the amount of data that I have, but the beauty of having direct connections with your audience is that I don't have to wait for the sample to grow.

Also, if I am way off base feel free to let me know.  If the content is bad (or too long), I can't promise that it will improve, but it can't hurt for me to know about the problem.

Here is my grumpy kitten:

1 comment:

  1. Kitty-worm!

    I tend to read blogs, check facebook, etc.. in both the morning and the afternoon. However, checking in the morning is kind of a part of my routine, eat breakfast, read blogs, etc... whereas checking in the afternoon is usually only if I find myself with a little downtime.

    ReplyDelete