Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Putting the 'Fun' in 'Logistic FUNctions!'



So, this weekend I was playing around with R to graph some data sets and get the variables that go into the formula for doing logistic modeling.  While trying to figure out some f(t) or t-values given the inputs, I was annoyed at calculating the results by hand, even if I was able to get the variables from R.  It's pretty normal math for this kind of work, and it's good to know how to do it manually step-by-step, but eventually the fun wore off, and I just wanted to get it done.

Anyhow, I built a "Logistic Function Solver" aka calculator in Excel, and figured I would share it on the off-chance anyone else needs such a thing and doesn't feel like taking the time to build one.  It's already been useful at work.

Here it is

Anyhow, you should be able to access the file on Google Drive with that link, and then make a copy for yourself.  Let me know in the comments if this doesn't work for you.

Basically, cells with the light yellow background and green text are ones in which you should enter your values, and then your desired output will be in the green background with red text.  (Leave the other cells alone, they have formulas)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment